Kullu district is one of the major districts of Himachal Pradesh. There are various tourist attractions in and around Kullu. The places to visit in Kullu are following
- Raghunath Temple
- Bijli Mahadev
- The Great Himalayan National Park
- Rupi Palace
- Jagannath Temple
- Raja Rupi
- Mahadevi Tirth
- Tosh Village
- Kalga Pulga Village
- Rudranag Waterfall
- Tosh Village
& Many more attractions.
The most famous destination Manali is also nearby the Kullu town. It comes under the Kullu district.
Kasol Kheerganga Trekking – Treks Near Kasol
One of the best treks near Kasol is kheerganga trek is one of the trekkers’ paradise in Himachal Pradesh. The route to reach the base point for kheer Ganga trekking goes via kasol. The Kasol is also a fantastic place to hang out with friends. It is also known as Mini Israel in Himachal due to the massive footfall of Israeli tourists. The reason behind this is quite interesting. After compulsory military service at their homeland, they come here for a chill-out. Every year Kasol experiences national as well as international tourist crowds. It is the best place for trekking as well as for the group tour also.
The actual trek route for KheerGanga trekking starts from Barshaini. The distance between Barshaini and Kasol is 16 Km. Then from Barshaini, you have to trek 5-6 hours to reach Kheerganga Top. The Kheerganga is known for its hot spring pool which is naturally built up there. The dip at kheerganga hot spring pool will be remarkable after a strenuous journey through the steep trails. The major activities at Kheerganga are trekking, camping, photography and stargazing.
The kheerganga trek is one of the most fantastic treks of Parvati Valley. This valley is known for the natural as well as for cultural hot-spots. Here you will get the chance to deeply understand the culture of Himachal Pradesh. The other trekking routes exist in Parvati Valley are Sar Pass Trek, Pin Parvati Pass Trek. The Pin Parvati Pass trek is the difficult trek it starts from Parvati Valley and concludes in Spiti Valley.
The best time to visit Parvati Valley is summer,i.e, April to June and post-monsoon season,i.e, September to November. Both times are best to visit. During summers and post-monsoon season, the weather remains pleasant. During the rainy season, the Parvati Valley area receives heavy rain. Roads and trails remain damaged, so it is not safe to visit there. During the winter season, the whole area gets covered with snow. The climatic conditions remain harsh. The roads were covered due to heavy snow. So as the conclusion monsoon and winters are not the most suitable time for trekking.
Brief Itinerary for Trekking
Day 1: Arrival at Kasol
Day 2:Kasol Sightseen
Day 4:Kheerganga- Barshaini- Manikaran-Kasol
Day 5: Departure
Things to Carry while moving out for Trekking
- Led Flashlights
- Identity Proof
- Trekking Shoes
- Trekking Poles
- Trekking Bag
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicine Kit
- Woollen Clothes
- Woollen Socks
- Woollen Gloves
- Solar Charger
- Sleeping Bag
- Personal Toiletries
- Small Garbage Collection Bags
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
- Extra Batteries for Camera
- Water Bottle
- Thermo Flask
- Dry Fruits and Snacks
Advisory when you are on Trekking Trip
- Do not carry any weapon or sharp objects which are considered to be as a weapon.
- Carry the proper amount of water with you.
- Do not involve in any activity which is against the Forest Law of India.
- Do not carry any weapon. It is against the law.
- Please do not use any toxic material during the trip; it may lead you in difficulty.
- Obtain all the permits before the commencement of the trekking to avoid last-minute arrangements.
- Upon asking, you have to show your id-proof authority.
- If you face any issue regarding health, then tell your team leader immediately. They are experts to handle all kinds of health difficulties at high altitudes.
- Try to avoid activities that harm nature. Be a responsible trekker.
- Do not litter
- Do not make fun of any religious belief.
- Stick with the group and follow the instructions of the group leader.
- Avoid plastic materials for use. In case you have used proper disposal of it.
- Avoid hard heated comments with local people. If you face any issues, then sort it out genuinely.
So this is all about- “Kasol -Kheerganga Trekking”.