Our lives have been profoundly affected by the COVID-19 epidemic, which has brought attention to the significance of health and well-being. It is much more essential to take care of our parents’ health in the post-COVID era. As individuals get older, their immune systems could deteriorate, leaving them more susceptible to a range of illnesses. Regular physical examinations are necessary to protect their health.
The same goes for people of a young age. The Pandemic took away many lives, irrespective of the period. Even today, the effect of the Pandemic can be seen in people. So, the best is to undergo full body checkups that can help you determine your health condition.
Rarely, even after recovering entirely from a coronavirus infection, people may develop post-infection disorders such as lung fibrosis, neurological issues, diabetes, and occasionally cardiac arrest.
The impact of COVID-19 on people
People who have health issues are disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, with higher infection rates and more severe symptoms. Seniors may also suffer from persistent effects like weariness, respiratory problems, and decreased immunity even after they recover from the virus. Therefore, in the post-COVID phase, it is imperative to give their health a top priority.
Comprehensive physical examinations can assist in determining the effects of COVID-19 on an individual’s health, spotting any long-term issues, and directing the right treatments. Taking a full body checkup in Mumbai is the best thing you can do. There are labs where you can take up the test to check your health condition post-pandemic.
Regular full-body checkups will help you know how well your body is performing. You can maintain a good lifestyle that makes you free from all diseases or COVID-19 effects.
What is a full body checkup?
A full body checkup in Mumbai is often performed by your doctor once a year as part of a regular appointment to have your health evaluated. It is the most crucial step in preventing more serious health problems. It facilitates the doctor’s assessment of your overall health and helps identify any possible issues early on when they may be treated more effectively. Certain illnesses can be so subtle that they may not even exhibit symptoms until they are nearing the end. For this reason, routine screenings are essential, particularly if we have a lifestyle that puts us at risk.
What areas are covered in a Full body health checkup?
There are different areas covered in full-body health checkups. Some of these are-
- Respiratory System: COVID-19 mainly impacts the respiratory system. Consequently, it’s critical to evaluate lung health, spot any COVID-19-related damage, and keep an eye on general respiratory wellness. Chest X-rays, pulmonary function tests, and lung function tests can all offer vital information in this area.
- Assessment of the Immune System: The COVID-19 pandemic has compromised immune system function, making older adults more vulnerable to infections and other illnesses. Comprehensive blood testing can assess markers of the immune system, spot weaknesses or anomalies, and recommend the best course of action for supporting immunological health.
- Mental Health Assessment: Post-pandemic, there has been an increase in cases of people facing stress, anxiety, and sadness have increased because of the epidemic, negatively affecting mental health. As a result, it’s critical to incorporate mental health exams into the full medical examination package.
Importance of Health Checkup after Covid-19:
There can be many reasons as to why one needs a health checkup after struggling with the spread of coronavirus. Some reasons are as follows:
- To promote better health for a fit lifestyle.
- Early detection and prevention of diseases.
- To improve the patient-doctor relationship.
- To avoid/get rid of dangerous habits such as alcoholism, tobacco addiction, binge eating, and inactivity, etc.
- To know better about the immune system.
What is expected during the Health Checkup in Mumbai?
There are many things for which one must prepare themselves before undergoing a medical exam or complete body health checkup in Mumbai. It is always better and recommended to make a note of the things that may bother you, such as unusual symptoms, healthy body function, past medical history, lifestyle information, negative habits, etc. You must be loyal, truthful, and accurate while giving all this information, such as your clinical history, physical examination, health checkup composition, etc.; everything will be based on this.
A comprehensive physical examination often consists of X-rays, ultrasonography, and lung and heart testing, among other studies. Make sure the tests are performed in a hospital, clinic, or laboratory that has received accreditation and has the requisite equipment to perform all these diagnostic procedures. When the results are released, a licensed medical professional should review them again.
Today, routine health examinations are becoming more and more popular. More than ever, it is acknowledged that people are choosing to get screened even when they are in good health. A lot of offices, institutions, schools, etc., are considering making health examinations mandatory for those in good health.
People are now aware that taking preventative measures is necessary to safeguard their health, particularly in the wake of a pandemic. Since it is much preferable to be proactive and look for and identify symptoms of a disease before it is too late, if you haven’t had your health examination yet, you should schedule one right away.
All people should have regular health checkups, regardless of age or degree of activity. They can prolong your life and make it joyful by averting several health issues.