If you need a tooth replacement, dental implants may be the best option. Dental implants are permanent solutions that look and feel like your natural teeth. They are also low-maintenance, which is why they are becoming quite popular. However, many people have one question: “How much do dental implants cost?” In this post, we will discuss the cost of dental implants and provide you with some tips on how to find low cost dental implants near me!
First, you need to appreciate that the price of implants varies according to several factors. But, on average, the cost per dental implant can be anywhere from $1500 to $2000.
Before we start crunching numbers to see how this cost comes about, let us first understand what dental implants are.
Dental Implants: What Are They?
Implants consist of a titanium post embedded in the jawbone. They act as a replacement for your natural teeth roots and provide a strong foundation for artificial teeth.
- Besides dental implants, other choices for tooth replacement are bridges and dentures. So, why should you choose dental implants?
- Other tooth replacement options do not offer as many advantages as dental implants. Here are some of the benefits you will get with dental implants.
- Permanent. Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth. They are surgically placed into your jawbone and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Maintain your jawbone’s health. Dental implants help to preserve your jawbone’s health. When you lose a tooth, the bone around it begins to deteriorate. Dental implants help to stimulate bone growth and prevent its loss.
Now that we understand what dental implants are let us get back to the question at hand.
What Are The Costs Of Dental Implants?
As we mentioned earlier, the costs of a dental implant will vary based on a number of factors. Here are some of them:
The dental surgeon performing the implant. Highly experienced dental surgeons will charge more for their services.
- Examination. Before your dentist can give a prognosis, you will need to have an examination. This includes X-rays, scans, and models of your teeth. The dentist will use these procedures to determine whether implants are a treatment option for you. The price of these procedures will range from $250 to $1,000.
- The location of the dental practice. Implants cost more in big cities than in small towns. In addition, some patients may travel abroad to get their dental implants done less expensively.
- The patient’s condition. If the patient has dental problems that necessitate additional procedures, the cost of the dental implants will be higher.
- The type of implant. There are different types of dental implants with varying costs. Whether it is titanium or zirconium, their quality will determine the price.
These factors make the cost of an implant vary between $1500 and $2000 on average.
However, the cost does not stop there. Other costs that will add up to the overall cost include:
- Preliminary procedures. If you need preliminary procedures such as tooth extractions or bone grafting, you should expect these procedures to add up to the cost. Depending on how complex the procedure is, tooth extraction may cost between $75 to $650, while bone grafting may cost between $200 to $3000.
- Anesthesia. The anesthesia used during the implant surgery will also add to the cost.
- Abutment. An abutment is a small connector piece used to secure the implant to the artificial tooth. The price of an abutment varies from $275 to $450.
- Crown. The final step is to place a crown on top of the implant. The crown is the artificial tooth that will be visible. A crown can cost between $500 and $3000.
- In total, the dental implants cost vary from $2500 to $5000. Remember, you need to take care of your artificial teeth just like your natural teeth. This means brushing, flossing, and regular dental visits.
If you’re considering dental implants, it’s prudent to factor in all the associated costs. These factors include the cost of the procedure itself, as well as any preliminary procedures, anesthesia, abutment, and crown. In total, dental implants can range in cost from $2500 to $5000. While this may seem like a lot upfront, implants are a long-term investment that can last a lifetime with proper care. Compared to other tooth replacement options, such as bridges and dentures, dental implants are more economical in the long run. Talk to your dentist to see whether implants are the right choice for you.